granite is a hard and non porous stone that is unaffected by most
chemicals it still requires high degrees of care while cleaning. While
cleaning, the use of harsh chemicals should be avoided. Here are few
recommendations to keep granite surface clean:
- Regularly dust the surface.
- Use few drops of neutral cleaner, stone soap, or a mild liquid
dish washing detergent or warm water.
- Too much cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks.
- Use a clean rag.
- the products containing acids should be avoided. The acid in
high concentration etches the surface.
- After using the soap solution, the surface should be rinsed
- Do not mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic
and lethal gas.
- Do not use powders or creams that may create scratches.
- In the kitchen extremely hot pans should not be kept over
granite slabs since it quickly absorbs heat and distributes it out.