order to make sure that sandstone looks natural, enamouring and
alluring, extensive care must be taken. When used with care sandstone
lasts for years and generations. Sandstone must be kept free from dust
and scratches. Various precuation to be taken are as follows:
- To keep sandstone dust free, dust it using a clean non-treated
dry dust mop.
- Use warm water to clean sandstone regularly using a mop or
- The cleaner to be used should not contain acid or lemon, which
can otherwise etch the surface and damage the polish and finish.
- The cleaner used should be neutral. Do not use cleaners that
contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub and
- Care should be taken while using vacuum cleaner as the metal or
the plastic attachments or the wheels may scratch the surface.
- Do not use scouring powders or creams; these products contain
abrasives that may scratch the surface.
- Do not place hot pans directly, use trivet or mats under them.